Join Our Team
*NEW* Customer Service Representative
Provide customer support to Centaur Division customers, both internal and external, to build and maintain customer relationships.
Reports to: National Sales Manager
- This position has primary responsibility for answering calls to the division’s toll-free number and will handle approximately 50% or more of incoming call volume.
- Provide accurate verbal and written quotes to customers. Follow-up on outstanding quotes in a timely manner, involving the appropriate Sales Manager or Regional Manager as needed.
- Provide accurate order status information as requested by customers and National Sales Manager.
- Accurate and timely entry of orders for resellers, direct sales and other customer groups as assigned. Orders are to be entered no later than 4 business hours from receipt.
- Ensure accurate processing of Centaur orders, to include obtaining customer verification of custom specifications, preparing drawings and appropriate documentation for production, and following-up as needed.
- Serve as primary end-user contact regarding warranty issues; process warranty replacement orders.
- Assists Accounts Receivable department personnel in researching and resolving claims, credits and debits related to domestic accounts.
- Maintain customer order files.
- Assist National Sales Manager in researching accounts, sales performance analysis, preparing sales presentations.
- Any other duties and/or functions as required for the achievement of departmental and company goals.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred. Experience in a customer service or customer contact environment preferred. Strong basic mathematical skills are required. Must have prior equine experience.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer. Ability to use or learn Solarsoft ERP, Goldmine CRM, and QuoteWerks systems.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle customer complaints/problems diplomatically. Professional phone “presence” is an absolute must.
- ORGANIZATIONAL: Excellent organizational and follow-up skills required.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to sit for significant periods of time. Must be able to work independently as well as excel in a team atmosphere.